Wenger has high expectations of Lacazette

Alexandre Lacazette became the most expensive Arsenal player ever when he arrived to the Emirates Stadium on July 5 of 2017 as the French attacker had a price tag of €53 million in addition to potential bonuses depending on his own performances and how Arsenal manages to perform or accomplish for the current and future seasons.

Neither Arsenal or Arsene Wenger are widely known for their tendency of spending high amounts of cash on a consistent basis but every now and then a significant large fee is splashed out for specific highly-rated players. Read More

ARSENAL IN FOR MARCO ASENSIO?

Arsenal reportedly interested in Real Madrid star Marco Asensio.


The very talented player can be the long term replacement for Chile international Alexis Sanchez. While Manchester United and Juventus are also keen on signing the player, Arsenal have a unique stand point in luring him to north London.

The reported huge interests in Gunners’ stars Sanchez, MesutOzil, etc seem to have cooled with time. If Sanchez were to leave now, Arsenal could push for the player to join permanently but any move now would be a loan deal at best. Real Madrid would likely want to keep hold of the gifted forward. French moneybags Paris Saint Germain are also top on the list for Asensio’s signature, particularly with the sensational bid for Sanchez and Barcelona playmaker Neymar.

Arsenal are also monitoring the situation at Kings Power Stadium. Leicester City reduced their valuation of RiyadMahrezto £40 million, according to reports. The Algeria international seems keen on leaving the former Premier League side this summer after an underwhelming performance last term.

Tottenham Hotspur, AS Roma and Arsenal are hoping to sign the 2016 PFA Player of the Year. Roma earlier submitted a £30 million bid for the 26-year old but the Foxes rejected it. They wanted £50 million for the player but have now reduced it to £40 million. If any of these sides offer that range and the player seems interested, Mahrez might leave in the next few weeks, reports reveal.

Wenger admires the former Le Havre star and could sign him this summer. The Gunners are still pushing for Thomas Lemarbut Mahrez is a proven man in England so a deal could be agreed.

The Champions League football and situation at Spurs could influence the player’s preference for the club.

Lucas Perez tipped to leave Arsenal by his Agent

Lucas Perez will reportedly push through an exit from the Emirates this summer following a frustrating debut season in the Premier League.


The Spanish winger had attracted interest from the likes of Everton last summer before the Gunners hijacked the deal by triggering the £17.3m release clause on his contract.Perez followed to endure one of his toughest spells in professional as he found himself often on the substitutes’ bench while most of his playing time came in the Cup and Champions League games, where his side held an advantage in terms of team strength.

The former Deportivo man sustained a thigh injury in late March, and he therein struggled to make the matchday squad on a couple of occasions before making the bench for the FA Cup final versus Chelsea.Perez’s representative Rodrigo Fernandez Lovelle was quite open over his client’s situation, and suggested that the forward will move on after having been starved off first-team opportunities.

“The idea is to be able to play for another club,” Lovelle said. “We want to leave and Arsenal already know. Do you know anyone who is happy but has no opportunities?” he told PA Sport.

Meanwhile, Arsene Wenger, who signed a new two-year deal earlier this week, revealed his desire to keep hold of the winger despite his limited first-team action last term.

“If I am the manager I would love to keep him but we have to sit down and see if he has a realistic chance to play,” he told Sky Sports, in May.

“He’s a top-quality striker but I couldn’t give him the games he wants and deserves, I confess that. I feel a bit sorry for him.”

Perez looks likely to leave Arsenal this summer in order to push for a national team berth and Lovelle insists that a temporary return to Deportivo would be a possibility.

What does the future of Alexis Sanchez hold?

Alexis Sanchez reportedly has a sensible relationship with Arsene Wenger and many of his Arsenal teammates and rumors have recently started to emerge questioning how long will the Chilean midfielder will be remaining with the Premier League club.


The 28 year old Chilean player has a contract with Arsenal which extends for 1 more year but if rumors are indeed true then Alexis Sanchez might be seeing his way out of the Emirates Stadium at the end of the current season, in a few months’ time.

If the rumors are indeed true and Sanchez is edging his way out of Arsenal, it will be a huge blow for the Premier League club as the Chilean player has scored 18 goals in 27 appearances and he is the top goal-scorer in the squad of Arsene Wenger and every single season, the Chilean player has scored around that same range of goals.

Sanchez appeared to be laughing on the sidelines while Arsenal was losing against Bayern Munich in their Champions League match which was played on March 7 of the ongoing year. The Chilean player was also believed to be involved in an argument with his fellow teammate Laurent Koscielny which ended up with Sanchez charging his way out of a recent training session of Arsenal.

These are a few of the reasons of why it’s rumored that Alexis Sanchez is starting to develop a negative relationship with some of his teammates and even fans of the English club.

Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, Real Madrid>, Manchester City, Sevilla and Athletic Madrid are afew of the high-profile clubs that have been linked with Alexis Sanchez and are believed to be interested in signing the Chilean player with an improved contract than what he is currently earning with his current club Arsenal.

Whether or not Alexis Sanchez leaves or stays with Arsenal for another season is something that remains to be seen and time will tell.

EVERTON LAND SCHNEIDERLIN FOR £22M

English Premier League side Everton FC have confirmed the purchase of Manchester United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin for £22m, according to reports.


The former Southampton midfielder has struggled to establish himself since moving to Old Trafford. Schneiderlin has been out of favour this season under Jose Mourinho after being bought by former Red Devils boss Louis Van Gaal.

The deal is expected to be announced on Thursday after the player completed a medical on Wednesday. The player would reunite with former manager Ronaldo Koeman. The pair were good together at St Mary’s and are expected to flourish together at Goodison park as well.

Mourinho was true to his words when he said he would not let any of the current players at United leave for less than their value. LVG got Schneiderlin for £24m in 2015. The transfer fee for the player could reach the same figure if add-ons are added.

Schneiderlin could feature against Manchester City this Sunday afternoon when both sides meet in the Premier League. In other games, Arsenal go away to Swansea, Liverpool are visitors at Old Trafford, Tottenham host West Brom while defending champions Leicester City host Chelsea in fixtures of top placed teams in the league.

Schneiderlin started 25 games last season but has been limited to just three substitute appearances this term. The 27-year old France international is expected to recapture his old form with the Toffees after struggling in the last campaign.

Aside Schneiderlin, Everton have their eyes on another United out-of-favour player Memphis Depay. They defeated West Brom and other interested parties to Schneiderlin and are in pole position to land the Netherlands international.

Depay has struggled to hit the form he was known for before his move to England. He is expected to exit the club as well this window or the forthcoming summer window. There are still admirers of the Dutch star but matching United’s valuation would be key for any side interested in landing Depay as Mourinho continually insists.

SANCHEZ CONTINUES BRILLIANT RUN AT ARSENAL

Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez continues his brilliant display for the club.


He scored two goals as the Gunners breezed past Bournemouth 3-1 over the weekend. The Chilean is now indispensable for the North London side. This season he is clearly the talisman and he has earned enormous praises from all quarters for his display.

The 27-yead old former Barcelona forward recorded 74 touches in the game against The Cherries – his record best this term. The player ranks second – behind Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino – in Premier League forwards this campaign in total number of touches, chances created and ball passed, according to Sky Sports analysis. Aside the two crucial goals he contributed against Bournemouth, he hit the framework twice and was almost awarded a penalty.

Sanchez has been sterling for the Gunners, linking up brilliantly with Mesut Ozil. Both players passed 17 times during the game, destabilizing their opponents. His number of goals scored, assists made and chances created sets him apart in the Arsenal set-up. He is a constant source of inspiration in the line-up, beaming with confidence that radiates in his game.

Arsenal are keen on extending his contract with less than two years to run but reports awash in the media say the player might not remain at the Emirates. The player remains very committed despite the rumours. He has played in every game despite injuries, fatigue and other factors that could have deterred him. Petr Cech is the only player that has played all Arsenal Premier League matches this term.

Sanchez was gifted with the first goal against Bournemouth as defender Steve Cook did a back pass which the pacy striker quickly latched onto, opening scoring in the 12th minute. He added the second in injury time as he connected to pass from former first-choice striker Olivier Giroud.

ARSENAL AND ATLETICO WANTED GONZALO HIGUAIN

Napoli declined the offers from Arsenal and Atletico Madrid for Gonzalo Higuain, according to the club’s president, Aurelio De Laurentiis.

The London dwellers, Arsenal, were loudly linked with a transfer for the Argentina international during the last transfer window, but the Gunners boss man, Arsene Wenger was reportedly unwilling to meet the €94million placed on the veteran striker.

“I think we received some requests from Arsenal. Personally, I also received a request from Atletico Madrid,” he told Standard Sport. “But they didn’t put enough money on the table. We were not ready to sell him, and for me, Higuain was not for sale.”

Higuain actually moved to Juventus in a €90m deal, but De Laurentiis says Napoli actually offered him a fatter contract than the Serie A champions in order to persuade him to stay.

“One year earlier, I offered another five-year contract to Higuain and his brother,” he said. “He gets more money here than where he was”

Napoli signed Arkadiusz Milik from Ajax to replace Higuain and the Poland international, Milik has made a strong start to his career in Italy, scoring seven goals in nine appearances.

“Milik is a good player, he’s fantastic,” De Laurentiis said. “Everybody now is saying Higuain is from another planet, but I remember when Higuain came to Napoli they were not so convinced. Real Madrid were doing well, but he was not playing all the time. Also with Argentina he had made some mistakes, it can happen to everybody.”

De Laurentiis reportedly said in July that Atletico had made an offer of “€60m, in addition with two or three players,” which was instantly rejected, but he has now claimed that Arsenal also attempted to sign him but he didn’t accept their offer.

Wenger believes in his players

Arsene Wenger has said that he still believe in his players despite losing their opening game to Liverpool.

The French manager said his players have the necessary qualities to make it at the highest level and that he still trust them to deliver the goods.

The Arsenal manager made this statement amidst mounting pressure from the fans to sign new players. For Wenger, it is not necessary to sign new players to improve the team and that he has the right team to make it to the top of the table. He believes that it is not always the right decision to buy players and that he can win trophies with the players he currently has.

Many pundits have argued that Arsenal are not capable of challenging for the title with the team they have at the moment and has called for the manager to sign new players. However, Wenger has not made any offer in the market, and it is believed that he will not sing any new players in the market.

Arsenal currently suffers a defender crisis with three of their leading defenders out with injuries and Laurent Koscielny still lacking match fitness. The only addition that has been made in the summer is Rob Holding and the latter clearly, lacks Premier League experience.

Many fans have been calling for Arsene Wenger to sign new players, but so far the French manager has not made any offers on the transfer market. It is becoming increasingly likely that no additions will be made until the end of the transfer window, and Arsenal will compete in the Premier League and the Champions League with the same group that was available against Liverpool. If this is the case, then Arsenal fans should be prepared for a difficult season.

Sanchez to miss start of the season

Alexis Sanchez may miss the start of the new season due to an ankle injury received in the Copa America.

Indeed, the Arsenal forward has been injured against Argentina in the final and has since then been receiving treatment. There is fear that the player will not be ready in time for the Premier League start.

Arsenal is due to face Liverpool in the first game of the season, and they may have to do it without their star striker. Olivier Giroud also will be returning late following his participation at the Euros with France, and this may leave Arsenal short of attacking options.

Indeed several Arsenal players will be returning late after participating in the Euros in France. Mesut Ozil, Laurent Koscielny, and Per Mertesacker are all players that will be late for the pre-season with Arsenal. However, it is in the attacking department that Arsenal might suffer the most. They will be left with Theo Walcott as the most experienced forward player at the start of the season. When you know that they will be facing Liverpool for the first game of the season, Walcott is not a dependable player.

There are rumors that Arsene Wenger is looking for a striker to complement Olivier Giroud, but so far there is no deal that has been finalized. After Jamie Vardy refused Arsenal offer, it is believed that Wenger is trying to get Gonzalo Higuain as an alternative. However, the price of the player might be a bit discouraging for Arsenal.

There were news that Arsenal might also be interested in French striker Lacazette but so far there are no concrete offers that have been made. At the moment it appears that Arsenal will be starting the season with Walcott as the central striker.

ARSENAL MOVE TO SHORE UP THE DEFENSE WITH NAPOLI’S KALIDOU KOULIBALY

English Premier League outfit, Arsenal FC are interested in acquiring Napoli centre back, according to reports.

The North London club identified the Napoli talented player, Kalidou Koulibaly, as their number one defensive target this summer and hope to sign the defender for around £20million.

The 24-year-old joined Napoli in 2014 but his performances improved dramatically last season as the Italian outfit finished runners-up to Juventus in Serie A. The Senegal international has been linked with a move to Chelsea in the summer but Arsenal’s manager, Arsene Wenger wants a partner for Laurent Koscielny, who seems like the only reliable man at the back. Per Mertesacker and Gabriel Paulista both struggled to hold down first-team spots last season and Wenger admitted after the side’s campaign that the Gunners need to toughen up in defense

Wenger’s already signed Swiss midfielder Granit Xhaka for around £25 – 30m, based on reports. The club confirmed the swoop of the Swiss International on Wednesday. The Frenchman’s been told there is no limit on his budget this summer as the club hope to win a silverware this coming season. Koulibaly is said to be open to leaving Italy this summer and, according to the Telegraph, Arsenal believe they can get the defender to move away from Napoli this summer for around £20m.

Wenger is believed to be eager to complete another deal in a top notch striker, aside the centre back deal. The Gunners finished ten points adrift of Premier League champions Leicester last season, have needed two such players for several years. The top target for the pointman role is Juventus forward Alvaro Morata. Morata has long-been on Wenger’s radar and is Arsenal main striker target again this summer. Arsenal could have acquired the player before he joined Juve last summer, but are now doing all they can to land the brilliant player.